Ferguson says slams diving in football
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed players who dive on football pitches are setting bad example for young players, and added that simulation is against the spirit of gamesmanship.
Ferguson said diving during a football game impacts your players’ behaviour in terms of simulation and dissent, a British tabloid reported. The Scot added a football player has to be a model for young people, as we have to have a responsibility for the future of the game.
Fergie was talking at the LMA European Managers’ Forum at George’s Park where goal-line technology was also discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation