Fernandinho tweets desire to join Manchester City
Brazil: The Brazilian has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League after a series of impressive performances for Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League this season.
Shakhtar Donetsk star Fernandinho has confirmed he wants to join Manchester City this summer.
The Brazilian has attracted the attention of some of Europe`s biggest clubs with a series of impressive performances for the Ukrainian giants, most notably against Chelsea in the Champions League.
Reports in the British media in recent weeks have suggested City are now in pole position to sign Fernandinho and the 28-year-old has done nothing to cool the speculation surrounding his future.
In fact, when asked, "do you want to join City?" by a fan on Twitter, the Brazilian replied: "Yes my friend!!!"
One potential stumbling block to any move is the hefty €47 million buyout clause reportedly in Fernandinho`s Shakhtar contract and the player himself admitted: "My dream is being threatened by my valuation."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?