Fernandinho tweets desire to join Manchester City
Brazil: The Brazilian has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League after a series of impressive performances for Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League this season.
Shakhtar Donetsk star Fernandinho has confirmed he wants to join Manchester City this summer.
The Brazilian has attracted the attention of some of Europe`s biggest clubs with a series of impressive performances for the Ukrainian giants, most notably against Chelsea in the Champions League.
Reports in the British media in recent weeks have suggested City are now in pole position to sign Fernandinho and the 28-year-old has done nothing to cool the speculation surrounding his future.
In fact, when asked, "do you want to join City?" by a fan on Twitter, the Brazilian replied: "Yes my friend!!!"
One potential stumbling block to any move is the hefty €47 million buyout clause reportedly in Fernandinho`s Shakhtar contract and the player himself admitted: "My dream is being threatened by my valuation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider