Fernando Torres plays down Barcelona link
London: Fernando Torres has played down reports of a summer move to Barcelona, insisting he will speak with new Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho before deciding his future.
Mourinho`s return to Stamford Bridge has raised fresh doubts over whether the troubled Spaniard will be allowed to remain at Stamford Bridge - doubts the Special One fuelled this week by branding the striker`s Blues career to date "so-so".
6/1 Fernando Torres is 6/1 with BetVictor to join Barcelona
Chelsea have already seen a €40 million-plus-Torres bid for Edinson Cavani rejected by Napoli, but the 29-year-old insists his mind remains fully focused on helping Spain win the Confederations Cup.
"I look forward to talking with Mourinho and knowing what he plans for me," Torres told Radio Marca and Onda Cero´s Radio "Al Primer Toque" sports program.
"I`m the first I know they expected much more from me, and I also expected more from myself. Now I have Mourinho´s pressure added and that`s a challenge for a player."
Torres did, however, admit that he enjoys a personal relationship with Barcelona president Sandro Rosell which might facilitate a summer move.
"I have known Sandro Rosell for a long time," he added. "There is a personal relationship, but nothing else.
"My head goes through the Confederations Cup, and then onto Chelsea. I want to talk with Mourinho and then prepare for the coming season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly