Fernando Torres plays down Barcelona link
London: Fernando Torres has played down reports of a summer move to Barcelona, insisting he will speak with new Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho before deciding his future.
Mourinho`s return to Stamford Bridge has raised fresh doubts over whether the troubled Spaniard will be allowed to remain at Stamford Bridge - doubts the Special One fuelled this week by branding the striker`s Blues career to date "so-so".
6/1 Fernando Torres is 6/1 with BetVictor to join Barcelona
Chelsea have already seen a €40 million-plus-Torres bid for Edinson Cavani rejected by Napoli, but the 29-year-old insists his mind remains fully focused on helping Spain win the Confederations Cup.
"I look forward to talking with Mourinho and knowing what he plans for me," Torres told Radio Marca and Onda Cero´s Radio "Al Primer Toque" sports program.
"I`m the first I know they expected much more from me, and I also expected more from myself. Now I have Mourinho´s pressure added and that`s a challenge for a player."
Torres did, however, admit that he enjoys a personal relationship with Barcelona president Sandro Rosell which might facilitate a summer move.
"I have known Sandro Rosell for a long time," he added. "There is a personal relationship, but nothing else.
"My head goes through the Confederations Cup, and then onto Chelsea. I want to talk with Mourinho and then prepare for the coming season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!