Feyenoord beat RKC 1-0 in Dutch league
Amsterdam: Jon Dahl Tomasson`s second-half goal earned Feyenoord a 1-0 away win at bottom side RKC Waalwijk in the Dutch league.
A lacklustre Feyenoord had a poor first half but improved directly after the break when Tomasson scored with a fine volley. Feyenoord finished with 10 men after Denny Landzaat was sent off six minutes before time.
PSV Eindhoven, 2-1 winners against Utrecht on Wednesday, are top with 55 points after 21 matches, ahead on goal difference of Twente Enschede, who beat neighbours Heracles Almelo 2-0.
Steve McClaren`s Twente will travel to third-placed Ajax Amsterdam (46) on Sunday. Feyenoord remain fourth with 42 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed