Feyenoord beat RKC 1-0 in Dutch league
Amsterdam: Jon Dahl Tomasson`s second-half goal earned Feyenoord a 1-0 away win at bottom side RKC Waalwijk in the Dutch league.
A lacklustre Feyenoord had a poor first half but improved directly after the break when Tomasson scored with a fine volley. Feyenoord finished with 10 men after Denny Landzaat was sent off six minutes before time.
PSV Eindhoven, 2-1 winners against Utrecht on Wednesday, are top with 55 points after 21 matches, ahead on goal difference of Twente Enschede, who beat neighbours Heracles Almelo 2-0.
Steve McClaren`s Twente will travel to third-placed Ajax Amsterdam (46) on Sunday. Feyenoord remain fourth with 42 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief