Feyenoord to miss Schaken for six weeks
Hague: Dutch league title contenders Feyenoord will miss Ruben Schaken for at least six weeks because the winger needed immediate surgery on his groin, Dutch media reported.
The Dutch football international suffered from hernia on both his right and left groin in the past half year. He underwent surgery in the Erasmus hospital in Rotterdam Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Despite the pain, Schaken played 17 Eredivisie matches so far this season in which he scored two times. Due to the injury he is about to miss the start of the second half of the Eredivisie season, including the matches against Ajax (Jan 20), FC Twente (Jan 27) and PSV Eindhoven (Jan 30, Dutch Cup).
Schaken will also not be eligible for the Netherlands friendly against Italy Feb 6 in Amsterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months