Feyenoord to miss Schaken for six weeks
Hague: Dutch league title contenders Feyenoord will miss Ruben Schaken for at least six weeks because the winger needed immediate surgery on his groin, Dutch media reported.
The Dutch football international suffered from hernia on both his right and left groin in the past half year. He underwent surgery in the Erasmus hospital in Rotterdam Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Despite the pain, Schaken played 17 Eredivisie matches so far this season in which he scored two times. Due to the injury he is about to miss the start of the second half of the Eredivisie season, including the matches against Ajax (Jan 20), FC Twente (Jan 27) and PSV Eindhoven (Jan 30, Dutch Cup).
Schaken will also not be eligible for the Netherlands friendly against Italy Feb 6 in Amsterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudis say five guards killed in clashes on Yemen border
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses
- Who is this little singer with beautiful voice that even Shreya Ghoshal wants to meet! Watch video
- Nita Ambani provided a VVIP security cover
- Is Parliament video bigger security breach than inviting ISI at air base: AAP