Feyenoord to miss Schaken for six weeks
Hague: Dutch league title contenders Feyenoord will miss Ruben Schaken for at least six weeks because the winger needed immediate surgery on his groin, Dutch media reported.
The Dutch football international suffered from hernia on both his right and left groin in the past half year. He underwent surgery in the Erasmus hospital in Rotterdam Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Despite the pain, Schaken played 17 Eredivisie matches so far this season in which he scored two times. Due to the injury he is about to miss the start of the second half of the Eredivisie season, including the matches against Ajax (Jan 20), FC Twente (Jan 27) and PSV Eindhoven (Jan 30, Dutch Cup).
Schaken will also not be eligible for the Netherlands friendly against Italy Feb 6 in Amsterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city