Feyenoord, Vitesse draw 1-1 in Dutch league
The Hague: Feyenoord and Vitesse drew 1-1 in a match between fourth and second placed teams of the Dutch Eredivisie in Rotterdam.
Vitesse dominated the first half and had most of the ball possession. However, Feyenoord, who played with 19-year-old Terence Kongolo for defender Joris Mathijsen (eye injury), took the lead Friday, reports Xinhua.
Graziano Pelle headed in a cross by Jean-Paul Boetius in the 39th minute.
In the second half, the roles were reversed. Feyenoord had most ball possession but the visitors scored.
Vitesse defender Guram Kashia headed in a cross by Renato Ibarra in the 57th minute. The latter was victim of a brutal attack by Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi before that goal. After Ibarra fell to the ground Martins Indi stepped on the Vitesse forward, but referee Serdar Gozubuyuk did not see the incident.
In the final stages both teams had some good chances to earn a victory but were unable to break the deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you