Feyenoord, Vitesse draw 1-1 in Dutch league
The Hague: Feyenoord and Vitesse drew 1-1 in a match between fourth and second placed teams of the Dutch Eredivisie in Rotterdam.
Vitesse dominated the first half and had most of the ball possession. However, Feyenoord, who played with 19-year-old Terence Kongolo for defender Joris Mathijsen (eye injury), took the lead Friday, reports Xinhua.
Graziano Pelle headed in a cross by Jean-Paul Boetius in the 39th minute.
In the second half, the roles were reversed. Feyenoord had most ball possession but the visitors scored.
Vitesse defender Guram Kashia headed in a cross by Renato Ibarra in the 57th minute. The latter was victim of a brutal attack by Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi before that goal. After Ibarra fell to the ground Martins Indi stepped on the Vitesse forward, but referee Serdar Gozubuyuk did not see the incident.
In the final stages both teams had some good chances to earn a victory but were unable to break the deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July
- Banks not fully understanding problems of SMEs: Commerce and Industry Minister
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman