Feyenoord, Vitesse draw 1-1 in Dutch league
The Hague: Feyenoord and Vitesse drew 1-1 in a match between fourth and second placed teams of the Dutch Eredivisie in Rotterdam.
Vitesse dominated the first half and had most of the ball possession. However, Feyenoord, who played with 19-year-old Terence Kongolo for defender Joris Mathijsen (eye injury), took the lead Friday, reports Xinhua.
Graziano Pelle headed in a cross by Jean-Paul Boetius in the 39th minute.
In the second half, the roles were reversed. Feyenoord had most ball possession but the visitors scored.
Vitesse defender Guram Kashia headed in a cross by Renato Ibarra in the 57th minute. The latter was victim of a brutal attack by Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi before that goal. After Ibarra fell to the ground Martins Indi stepped on the Vitesse forward, but referee Serdar Gozubuyuk did not see the incident.
In the final stages both teams had some good chances to earn a victory but were unable to break the deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef