Fidel Castro meets Maradona
Havana: Cuba`s former president and revolutionary leader Fidel Castro had a "fraternal meeting" with the former soccer star Diego Armando Maradona.
The interaction Saturday between Castro, 86, and Argentina`s former international was a "lively and fruitful exchange" between two old friends, the official daily Granma reported Monday.
Maradona arrived here Friday night from Caracas, Venezuela, where he paid tribute to the late leader Hugo Chavez, and met with acting President Nicolas Maduro.
Fidel Castro ruled Cuba for 48 years and retired in 2006 following a serious health crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video