FIFA ask Indonesia to handle football conflict
Jakarta: International football sporting body FIFA has requested the Indonesian government to facilitate the settlement of conflict in its football association, Indonesian minister said here Monday.
Indonesian Youth and Sport Minister Roy Suryo made the statement as he confirmed that FIFA had sent a letter to the Indonesian government, asking them to facilitate the settlement of the problem, reports Xinhua.
"The letter from FIFA is not only directed to me, but also to the national football organisation, so the leakage of the letter is true," he was quoted by investor online, one of the leading portal in the country, as saying.
In the letter, FIFA asked the government to have a meeting with both the official national football organisation and its newly-established opponent organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now