FIFA ask Indonesia to handle football conflict
Jakarta: International football sporting body FIFA has requested the Indonesian government to facilitate the settlement of conflict in its football association, Indonesian minister said here Monday.
Indonesian Youth and Sport Minister Roy Suryo made the statement as he confirmed that FIFA had sent a letter to the Indonesian government, asking them to facilitate the settlement of the problem, reports Xinhua.
"The letter from FIFA is not only directed to me, but also to the national football organisation, so the leakage of the letter is true," he was quoted by investor online, one of the leading portal in the country, as saying.
In the letter, FIFA asked the government to have a meeting with both the official national football organisation and its newly-established opponent organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest