FIFA awards UAE win in Olympic qualifier
Abu Dhabi: FIFA has ruled that the Iraq national team fielded an ineligible player in an Olympic qualifying match last November, and thus awarded a 3-0 victory to rival United Arab Emirates.
Iraq won the match in Al Ain 2-0 but FIFA`s disciplinary committee found that the Iraqis fielded defender Jasim Faisal should have been suspended for that game after receiving two yellow cards in two previous matches.
The UAE is tied with Uzbekistan at the top of Group B with two matches remaining, Xinhua reported.
The winner of Group B qualifies directly for the London 2012 Olympics, and the second-placed finisher advance to a three-team AFC playoff in March, with the survivor facing Senegal in April and the winner qualifying for London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail