FIFA awards UAE win in Olympic qualifier
Abu Dhabi: FIFA has ruled that the Iraq national team fielded an ineligible player in an Olympic qualifying match last November, and thus awarded a 3-0 victory to rival United Arab Emirates.
Iraq won the match in Al Ain 2-0 but FIFA`s disciplinary committee found that the Iraqis fielded defender Jasim Faisal should have been suspended for that game after receiving two yellow cards in two previous matches.
The UAE is tied with Uzbekistan at the top of Group B with two matches remaining, Xinhua reported.
The winner of Group B qualifies directly for the London 2012 Olympics, and the second-placed finisher advance to a three-team AFC playoff in March, with the survivor facing Senegal in April and the winner qualifying for London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why