FIFA `bidding` scam report delayed by several weeks
Johannesburg: FIFA prosecutor Michael Garcia`s report on alleged World Cup bidding scam has been reportedly delay ed by several weeks.
The report, which was earlier expected to be delivered late-July, is expected to come out in early September.
FIFA said that the ethics committee`s investigatory chamber expects to submit its report in the first week of September, News 24 reported.
However, Garcia set a target of late July to deliver his confidential report to ethics judge Joachim Eckert.
Eckert will use the investigation file to decide on possible sanctions against nine bidders which competed to host the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.
Russia and Qatar, respectively, won hosting rights in December 2010 votes of FIFA`s executive committee.
FIFA President Sepp Blatter has said only his ruling board, and not Eckert, has power to overturn a vote and order a re-run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read