FIFA chief Blatter to visit Cuba
Havana: FIFA president Joseph Blatter is expected to arrive in Havana on Tuesday on a two-day work visit for meetings with national sports officials.
Blatter will arrive from Haiti, as part of a regional tour, according to Cuba`s National Institute of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation (INDER).
The Swiss national is scheduled to meet with officials from Cuba`s Olympic Committee (COC), INDER, and the local football federation.
He is set to visit La Polar Stadium on Wednesday, where Cuba`s first artificial turf football field is to be installed, and also meet with veteran athletes.
Also on Wednesday, FIFA`s chief will tour the Mario Lopez National School of football, established by the FIFA-sponsored GOL project, and give a noon press conference at the Havana`s National Hotel.
Blatter next travels to Panama to take part in a congress of regional football body the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF).
This will be Blatter`s second trip to Cuba, after his first visit in 2000. Blatter was expected to visit Cuba in 2012, but cancelled his trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka