FIFA chief Blatter to visit Cuba
Havana: FIFA president Joseph Blatter is expected to arrive in Havana on Tuesday on a two-day work visit for meetings with national sports officials.
Blatter will arrive from Haiti, as part of a regional tour, according to Cuba`s National Institute of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation (INDER).
The Swiss national is scheduled to meet with officials from Cuba`s Olympic Committee (COC), INDER, and the local football federation.
He is set to visit La Polar Stadium on Wednesday, where Cuba`s first artificial turf football field is to be installed, and also meet with veteran athletes.
Also on Wednesday, FIFA`s chief will tour the Mario Lopez National School of football, established by the FIFA-sponsored GOL project, and give a noon press conference at the Havana`s National Hotel.
Blatter next travels to Panama to take part in a congress of regional football body the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF).
This will be Blatter`s second trip to Cuba, after his first visit in 2000. Blatter was expected to visit Cuba in 2012, but cancelled his trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested