FIFA concerned about Brazil`s World Cup preparations
Zeenews Sports Bureau
FIFA president Sepp Blatter is not happy with the preparations for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil but hopes Brazil would be ready to host the tournament despite the slow pace.
Brazil is struggling to build the infrastructure needed for the World Cup and the eight-team 2013 Confederations Cup and Blatter will be meeting top Brazilian officials next week to discuss progress.
"Somewhere there are some delays and what we are doing now is to make sure that what has not been (done) in the past will be done as soon as possible and not later," Blatter was quoted as saying by Reuters.
"For the time being we are a little bit concerned about some constructions. But you know, constructions, if you push them and to put a lot of energy behind, then you can be ready on time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what