FIFA concerned about Brazil`s World Cup preparations
Zeenews Sports Bureau
FIFA president Sepp Blatter is not happy with the preparations for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil but hopes Brazil would be ready to host the tournament despite the slow pace.
Brazil is struggling to build the infrastructure needed for the World Cup and the eight-team 2013 Confederations Cup and Blatter will be meeting top Brazilian officials next week to discuss progress.
"Somewhere there are some delays and what we are doing now is to make sure that what has not been (done) in the past will be done as soon as possible and not later," Blatter was quoted as saying by Reuters.
"For the time being we are a little bit concerned about some constructions. But you know, constructions, if you push them and to put a lot of energy behind, then you can be ready on time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD
- ED wants Vijay Mallya to appear in person; seeks to recall exemption