FIFA confirms date for Zambia-Ghana World Cup qualifier
Lusaka (Zambia): World football governing body FIFA has confirmed that the 2014 Brazil World Cup qualifier between Ghana and Zambia will be played Sep 6 in Kumasi. The crucial encounter was initially scheduled for Sep 8 but hosts Ghana asked for a change of date, reports Xinhua.
Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) communications officer Erick Mwanza said Friday FIFA wrote to football governing bodies in the two countries concerning the date.
"We received correspondence from FIFA that the 2014 World Cup qualifier between Ghana and Zambia will be played Friday, Sep 6, 2013 at Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi," he was quoted as saying by the Zambia Daily Mail.
He said the change of date will not dampen the spirit of the team, saying the team will fight hard to ensure progress to the last round of the World Cup qualifiers.
Ghana leads Group D with 12 points while Zambia are second on 11 points. Sudan and Lesotho have two points apiece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali