FIFA confirms date for Zambia-Ghana World Cup qualifier
Lusaka (Zambia): World football governing body FIFA has confirmed that the 2014 Brazil World Cup qualifier between Ghana and Zambia will be played Sep 6 in Kumasi. The crucial encounter was initially scheduled for Sep 8 but hosts Ghana asked for a change of date, reports Xinhua.
Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) communications officer Erick Mwanza said Friday FIFA wrote to football governing bodies in the two countries concerning the date.
"We received correspondence from FIFA that the 2014 World Cup qualifier between Ghana and Zambia will be played Friday, Sep 6, 2013 at Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi," he was quoted as saying by the Zambia Daily Mail.
He said the change of date will not dampen the spirit of the team, saying the team will fight hard to ensure progress to the last round of the World Cup qualifiers.
Ghana leads Group D with 12 points while Zambia are second on 11 points. Sudan and Lesotho have two points apiece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police