FIFA lifts ban against Ukraine`s fans for racism
Kiev: The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) has lifted the one-match ban against Ukrainian fans for racist crowd behaviour, an official of Ukraine`s Football Federation (FFU) said Thursday.
"The sanctions are not removed while the FIFA is considering an appeal by the FFU against the charges," Xinhua reported quoting Hryhory Surkis, honorary president of the FFU, as saying.
The FIFA decision means the fans would be allowed to watch the next Ukraine`s home World Cup qualifier against Poland Oct 11 at the Metallist stadium in Kharkov city of the country`s east, Surkis said.
He added that the Lvov-Arena stadium ban still remains in force.
Ukraine was punished by FIFA following racist behaviour of its fans in the match against San Marino Sep 6 in Lvov city.
On Sep 27, FIFA banned the blue-yellow squad from staging World Cup qualifiers at its Lvov-Arena stadium until 2018 and ordered its next home match had to be played behind closed doors.
Ukraine`s Football Federation Thursday filed an appeal before the FIFA disciplinary committee with a request to lift the sanctions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi