FIFA president Blatter to visit Cuba
Havana: World football body FIFA president Joseph Blatter will be in Cuba for a one-day visit scheduled for October 25, as a part of his Caribbean tour.
Luis Hernandez, president of Cuban Soccer Association, said Thursday that Blatter "will stay in Havana only 24 hours, as part of a regional tour including Barbados, Dominican Republic and Haiti".
Hernandez stressed that the purpose of Blatter`s visit to the Cuban capital is to lay the first stone of the first synthetic soccer field on the island, which will be constructed in January 2013 at the Havana stadium "La Polar".
This will be the second time that FIFA president travels to the island, after his first visit in November 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report