FIFA president Blatter to visit Cuba
Havana: World football body FIFA president Joseph Blatter will be in Cuba for a one-day visit scheduled for October 25, as a part of his Caribbean tour.
Luis Hernandez, president of Cuban Soccer Association, said Thursday that Blatter "will stay in Havana only 24 hours, as part of a regional tour including Barbados, Dominican Republic and Haiti".
Hernandez stressed that the purpose of Blatter`s visit to the Cuban capital is to lay the first stone of the first synthetic soccer field on the island, which will be constructed in January 2013 at the Havana stadium "La Polar".
This will be the second time that FIFA president travels to the island, after his first visit in November 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'