FIFA president Sepp Blatter postpones visit to Cuba
Havana: Joseph Blatter, president of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA), has postponed a scheduled visit to Cuba from October to early 2013, a Cuban sports official said.
FIFA said the trip was postponed due to “sports politics” related to the organisation of the 2014 World Cup games in Brazil, according to Luis Enrique Yero, secretary of the Cuban Football Association.
Blatter was expected to be in Havana Oct 25 as part of a Caribbean tour that also included Barbados, Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
FIFA’s top official was going to preside over the laying of the cornerstone of Havana’s first synthetic-grass soccer field at La Polar Stadium, where construction is to begin in January.
Blatter earlier visited Cuba in November 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh