FIFA`s Valcke released from Rio hospital
Rio de Janeiro: FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has given a glowing report of Brazil`s health care after being released from a hospital here.
Valcke was cleared by doctors to return to Switzerland Sunday after spending four days under observation at the Samaritano hospital with a kidney infection, reports Xinhua.
"My personal evaluation of the medical facilities in Brazil is excellent," Valcke said.
"I am certain that when the Confederations Cup and World Cup arrive, everybody will be in good hands."
The illness forced the 52-year-old Frenchman to cancel his attendance for a meeting with 2014 World Cup organisers here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project