FIFA to decide on Qatar 2022 World Cup dates in 2014
London: FIFA will take a decision over whether to switch the dates for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar in December 2014.
Sepp Blatter, the president of football`s world governing body, announced in October that a task force would look at alternative dates.
According to the BBC, the decision had been made due to concerns over the extreme heat in the Gulf state during the summer months, when temperatures can reach 50C.
Qatari organisers said that they could host the tournament at any time of year.
The Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee however added that it would listen to the will of the international football community if a decision over a new date is made, the report said.
According to the report, FIFA, following pressure from the International Olympic Committee, has already stated that the tournament will not be played in January and February 2022 to avoid a clash with the Winter Olympics.
The governing body wants Qatar to provide an update on their progress over the issue by March 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender