FIFA to decide on Qatar 2022 World Cup dates in 2014
London: FIFA will take a decision over whether to switch the dates for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar in December 2014.
Sepp Blatter, the president of football`s world governing body, announced in October that a task force would look at alternative dates.
According to the BBC, the decision had been made due to concerns over the extreme heat in the Gulf state during the summer months, when temperatures can reach 50C.
Qatari organisers said that they could host the tournament at any time of year.
The Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee however added that it would listen to the will of the international football community if a decision over a new date is made, the report said.
According to the report, FIFA, following pressure from the International Olympic Committee, has already stated that the tournament will not be played in January and February 2022 to avoid a clash with the Winter Olympics.
The governing body wants Qatar to provide an update on their progress over the issue by March 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- WATCH: Hazel Keech cheered from stands as Yuvraj Singh rediscovered form during SRH vs KKR match
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China