FIFA to rule on Zambia`s protest this month
Lusaka: Zambian football`s governing body has said world governing body FIFA will adjudicate over its protest on Sudan`s fielding an ineligible player in a 2014 World Cup qualifier earlier this month.
Zambia protested to FIFA over the eligibility of Sudan`s Saif Ali Eldin Adris in the June 2 World Cup qualifier which Sudan won 2-0, reported a news agency.
"We would like to inform you that this issue has gone to the FIFA disciplinary committee. Their recommendation will be passed onto to the FIFA executive committee for approval," he was quoted as saying by Zambia Daily Mail.
Mwanza expected the outcome of the disciplinary committee in September.
Sudan tops Group D with four points while Zambia and Ghana are in second and third places with three points. Lesotho is bottom with one point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!