FIFA to rule on Zambia`s protest this month
Lusaka: Zambian football`s governing body has said world governing body FIFA will adjudicate over its protest on Sudan`s fielding an ineligible player in a 2014 World Cup qualifier earlier this month.
Zambia protested to FIFA over the eligibility of Sudan`s Saif Ali Eldin Adris in the June 2 World Cup qualifier which Sudan won 2-0, reported a news agency.
"We would like to inform you that this issue has gone to the FIFA disciplinary committee. Their recommendation will be passed onto to the FIFA executive committee for approval," he was quoted as saying by Zambia Daily Mail.
Mwanza expected the outcome of the disciplinary committee in September.
Sudan tops Group D with four points while Zambia and Ghana are in second and third places with three points. Lesotho is bottom with one point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail