FIFA World Cup mascot named Fuleco
Rio de Janeiro: The 2014 football World Cup mascot will be named Fuleco after a popular vote ended.
The name Fuleco received 48 percent of the votes from the Brazilian public Sunday, beating Zuzeco (31) and Amijubi (21), football`s world governing body FIFA said.
FIFA said that more than 1.7 million people in Brazil took part in the vote to select the name for armadillo the mascot.
The armadillo, which is in danger of extinction, rolls up into the shape of a ball when threatened. The mascot carries the colours of the Brazilian flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal