Figo `Surprised and Proud` to be linked with Inter
Milan: Luis Figo has claimed he is surprised yet proud to be linked with the Inter coaching job, with Gian Piero Gasperini under increasing pressure at the Serie A giants.
The former Portuguese international currently works as an ambassador for the Milan based side after retiring from football in 2009 and has been linked to taking over at Inter by Italian media.
The 2011 Coppa Italian winners lost their opening Serie A game last weekend to Palermo before suffering a shock defeat to Trabzonspor in the Champions League midweek.
Despite being linked with the job Figo has offered Gasperini, who only took over the team in the summer, his support.
"I am surprised and proud to be considered [for the Inter job]," Figo told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"It means I left a good impression in the Inter camp, but for the moment I give my full support to current coach Gasperini."
Inter face Roma on Saturday evening, where the former Genoa tactician will be hoping to pick up his first competitive victory at the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!