Fiorentina fined over teenager signing, French club say
Paris: Serie A club Fiorentina have been ordered by FIFA to pay Le Havre 600,000 euros for illegally recruiting one of their teenage players in 2006, the French club said in a statement on Wednesday.
Striker Matthias Lepiller, 21, was 18 when he left Le Havre for Fiorentina. He was training at the club`s academy and had been offered a contract, Le Havre said in a statement.
Le Havre, now in the second division, have accused Manchester United of illegally recruiting one of their players, French midfielder Paul Pogba. Manchester United have denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!