Fiorentina fined over teenager signing, French club say
Paris: Serie A club Fiorentina have been ordered by FIFA to pay Le Havre 600,000 euros for illegally recruiting one of their teenage players in 2006, the French club said in a statement on Wednesday.
Striker Matthias Lepiller, 21, was 18 when he left Le Havre for Fiorentina. He was training at the club`s academy and had been offered a contract, Le Havre said in a statement.
Le Havre, now in the second division, have accused Manchester United of illegally recruiting one of their players, French midfielder Paul Pogba. Manchester United have denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you