Fiorentina-Roma game to be rescheduled due to risk
Rome: Serie A administrators insist that the Fiorentina`s home match against AS Roma May 4 should be rescheduled to avoid risks.
The game at Stadio Artemio Franchi was originally meant to be played Saturday May 4 at 19:45 GMT.
But Lega Calcio officials on Wednesday released a statement insisting that the match timings be changed in view of past incidents of clashes between the fans of the two teams.
"The game is at risk with regard to public order," it read. "The rivalry between the two sets of supporters has already resulted in fierce clashes in the past.
"Critically, that will be accentuated with an evening kick off," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi