Fiorentina-Roma game to be rescheduled due to risk
Rome: Serie A administrators insist that the Fiorentina`s home match against AS Roma May 4 should be rescheduled to avoid risks.
The game at Stadio Artemio Franchi was originally meant to be played Saturday May 4 at 19:45 GMT.
But Lega Calcio officials on Wednesday released a statement insisting that the match timings be changed in view of past incidents of clashes between the fans of the two teams.
"The game is at risk with regard to public order," it read. "The rivalry between the two sets of supporters has already resulted in fierce clashes in the past.
"Critically, that will be accentuated with an evening kick off," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video