Fiorentina slam Italy over Prandelli appointment
Milan: Fiorentina have heavily criticised the Italian soccer federation and coach Cesare Prandelli for not telling them he had agreed to manage Italy.
The federation said on Sunday the Fiorentina boss would replace Marcello Lippi as Italy coach after the World Cup on a four-year deal.
"Up to today, the club has still not been informed by anybody," the Serie A side said in a statement.
"We heard about it only from the federation website and media reports. We believe this behaviour shows a serious lack of respect to the club and our fans."
Fiorentina had been aware that Prandelli was talking to the federation because last week the Florence club contacted former Catania coach Sinisa Mihajlovic about possibly succeeding the 52-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest