Fiorentina slam Italy over Prandelli appointment
Milan: Fiorentina have heavily criticised the Italian soccer federation and coach Cesare Prandelli for not telling them he had agreed to manage Italy.
The federation said on Sunday the Fiorentina boss would replace Marcello Lippi as Italy coach after the World Cup on a four-year deal.
"Up to today, the club has still not been informed by anybody," the Serie A side said in a statement.
"We heard about it only from the federation website and media reports. We believe this behaviour shows a serious lack of respect to the club and our fans."
Fiorentina had been aware that Prandelli was talking to the federation because last week the Florence club contacted former Catania coach Sinisa Mihajlovic about possibly succeeding the 52-year-old.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?