Fiorentina still hopeful of signing Emmanuel Eboue from Arsenal
London: Fiorentina could be about to revise plans for Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Eboue after he was left out of the Champions League clash against Celtic on Tuesday night.
The Viola are said to be keen on the Ivory Coast international and were reportedly in talks with the Gunners for the player back in July.
However, the Italians pulled out of the negotiations feeling that Arsenal`s demands were out of their reach. The London based side were asking for reported €15million.
The Tuscan club could be about to make another move for the middle man. Eboue would be eligible to play for them in the Champions League this season as he didn`t feature last night, but they would have to sign him before next week`s second leg clash.
Fiorentina are looking good to qualify for the group stages after their first leg play off draw against Sporting Lisbon in Portugal. The game ended 2-2 on the night, leaving the Italians with good hopes of qualification.
The Viola face competition though as Spanish reports claim Barcelona are keen to land the Gunners man. Eboue recently claimed he was flattered by the Blaugrana`s interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani