Fiorentina still hopeful of signing Emmanuel Eboue from Arsenal
London: Fiorentina could be about to revise plans for Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Eboue after he was left out of the Champions League clash against Celtic on Tuesday night.
The Viola are said to be keen on the Ivory Coast international and were reportedly in talks with the Gunners for the player back in July.
However, the Italians pulled out of the negotiations feeling that Arsenal`s demands were out of their reach. The London based side were asking for reported €15million.
The Tuscan club could be about to make another move for the middle man. Eboue would be eligible to play for them in the Champions League this season as he didn`t feature last night, but they would have to sign him before next week`s second leg clash.
Fiorentina are looking good to qualify for the group stages after their first leg play off draw against Sporting Lisbon in Portugal. The game ended 2-2 on the night, leaving the Italians with good hopes of qualification.
The Viola face competition though as Spanish reports claim Barcelona are keen to land the Gunners man. Eboue recently claimed he was flattered by the Blaugrana`s interest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India