Fiorentina still hopeful of signing Emmanuel Eboue from Arsenal
London: Fiorentina could be about to revise plans for Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Eboue after he was left out of the Champions League clash against Celtic on Tuesday night.
The Viola are said to be keen on the Ivory Coast international and were reportedly in talks with the Gunners for the player back in July.
However, the Italians pulled out of the negotiations feeling that Arsenal`s demands were out of their reach. The London based side were asking for reported €15million.
The Tuscan club could be about to make another move for the middle man. Eboue would be eligible to play for them in the Champions League this season as he didn`t feature last night, but they would have to sign him before next week`s second leg clash.
Fiorentina are looking good to qualify for the group stages after their first leg play off draw against Sporting Lisbon in Portugal. The game ended 2-2 on the night, leaving the Italians with good hopes of qualification.
The Viola face competition though as Spanish reports claim Barcelona are keen to land the Gunners man. Eboue recently claimed he was flattered by the Blaugrana`s interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog