First words from Brazil football team plane crash survivor Alan Ruschel - Here's what he said!
Ruschel was named as the first survivor, with 31-year-old goalkeeper Danilo the second.
New Delhi: The first player to arrive at hospital soon after the Chapecoense plane crash which had 81 people on board, was defender Alan Ruschel.
The 27-year-old full-back was actually at Chapecoense on loan from fellow Brazilian club Internacional.
According to reports, Ruschel arrived at the hospital in conscious situation and was able to talk. That doesn't mean the player was uninjured, he was said to have multiple fractures, lacerations to the head and suffered from general head trauma.
As per a report in Telemundo Deportes, Ruschel, although in complete shock, asked the rescuers to keep his wedding ring safe and also said that he wanted to see his family.
Here are some of the snapchat pictures before the crash took place:-
Ruschel was named as the first survivor, with 31-year-old goalkeeper Danilo the second. As per the latest reports, 5 to 6 players have survived the crash so far.
The Brazilian club were traveling to Colombia to play their first of a two-game Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional of Medellin.
The South American Cup final has now been called off following the tragic incident, the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) has confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened