Five IMG-R players signed on loan by bottom-placed Rangdajied
New Delhi: With an aim to avoid relegation, bottom-placed Rangdajied United have signed five players, including Gouramangi Singh and Subrata Paul, on loan from IMG-Reliance, organisers of the much-anticipated IPL-style Indian Super League football tournament.
Sandesh Jhingan, Tomba Singh and Manandeep Singh are the other three players.
Rangdajied United are currently place at the bottom of 13-team standings, having failed to win a single match from eight outings. They have drawn three, while losing five in the season so far.
It was learnt from reliable sources that some more prominent I-League clubs are also in touch with IMG-R for similar loaning of players.
Following the move, the Shillong-based Rangdajied United club became the second outfit to break away from the Indian Professional Football Players Association.
"It is a very good move as all these players are very good and they are the ones who can help the club save from relegation. These players can change the club`s position," a source told PTI.
"They will be registering the players either today or tomorrow and three of them would start practising with the team soon. Gouramangi and Paul will come back after their trials in Denmark on Thursday or Friday."
The organisers of the Indian Super League, who had last month, decided to defer the proposed tournament to September-November next year instead of early 2014, had already roped in international stars like Louis Saha, Dwight Yorke, Fredrik Ljungberg, Hernan Crespo and Robert Pires as marquee players.
Meanwhile, another IMG-R and India player, Nirmal Chhetri will be leaving for Germany to undertake trials at a second division Bundesliga club.
Fortuna Dusseldorf have offered a week-long trial to Chettri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested