Five IMG-R players signed on loan by bottom-placed Rangdajied
New Delhi: With an aim to avoid relegation, bottom-placed Rangdajied United have signed five players, including Gouramangi Singh and Subrata Paul, on loan from IMG-Reliance, organisers of the much-anticipated IPL-style Indian Super League football tournament.
Sandesh Jhingan, Tomba Singh and Manandeep Singh are the other three players.
Rangdajied United are currently place at the bottom of 13-team standings, having failed to win a single match from eight outings. They have drawn three, while losing five in the season so far.
It was learnt from reliable sources that some more prominent I-League clubs are also in touch with IMG-R for similar loaning of players.
Following the move, the Shillong-based Rangdajied United club became the second outfit to break away from the Indian Professional Football Players Association.
"It is a very good move as all these players are very good and they are the ones who can help the club save from relegation. These players can change the club`s position," a source told PTI.
"They will be registering the players either today or tomorrow and three of them would start practising with the team soon. Gouramangi and Paul will come back after their trials in Denmark on Thursday or Friday."
The organisers of the Indian Super League, who had last month, decided to defer the proposed tournament to September-November next year instead of early 2014, had already roped in international stars like Louis Saha, Dwight Yorke, Fredrik Ljungberg, Hernan Crespo and Robert Pires as marquee players.
Meanwhile, another IMG-R and India player, Nirmal Chhetri will be leaving for Germany to undertake trials at a second division Bundesliga club.
Fortuna Dusseldorf have offered a week-long trial to Chettri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing