Five sent off in bad-tempered Chilean "clasico"
Buenos Aires: Everton had three players sent off and Santiago Wanderers, who beat them 3-0, two in a bad-tempered Chilean Pacific coast "clasico" at the weekend.
Everton, the Rouletteers based in the gambling seaside resort of Vina del Mar, were down a man after only 11 minutes when referee Enrique Osses dismissed defender Alex von Schwedler for elbowing striker Matias Donoso.
Wanderers` Argentine forward Marcos Sebastian Pol then scored two goals, his second in first half added time, but a second booking for kicking the corner flag in celebration earned him a red card.
Nine minutes into the second half, the bitter rivals were left with nine men each when Everton defender Orlando Gutierrez and Wanderers midfielder Sebastian Mendez kicked each other and were sent off.
Defender Francisco Dutari left four-times Chilean champions Everton, named after the English team from Liverpool, with eight men for the last 25 minutes when he was dismissed for stamping on the grounded Donoso.
Wanderers, Chile`s oldest football club founded in 1892 and three times champions, completed the scoring through Oscar Opazo in the 74th minute.
Both sides are in mid-table in the Apertura championship, first of two in the season, which is led by O`Higgins with Universidad Catolica second.
In Peru, Alianza Lima`s game at Sport Huancayo was interrupted five minutes from the end by a hailstorm with the players and match officials taking refuge in the dressing rooms.
The match resumed soon after for the final five minutes but with the pitch covered by a white sheet of hailstones, the lines could not be seen and the teams took no risks, protecting their points in a 1-1 draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC