Flamengo approach Milan for Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Three Flamengo directors met AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani to discuss a potential deal for Brazil striker Robinho.
The Brazilian club`s intention is to pay 38 million reais ($18.5 million) for the 28-year-old, in instalments, and give him a monthly salary of one million reais ($485,000), reports Xinhua.
Galliani arrived in Rio de Janeiro Monday to spend the Christmas holiday. It is thought he will use his time to negotiate Pato`s deal to Corinthians as well.
Besides Flamengo, Santos have also expressed an interest in signing the attacker.
Robinho has already had two spells at the Sao Paulo club and it is believed Santos is his preferred destination.
His wife and children still live in the area, and personal reasons are behind his desire to quit Milan as soon as possible.
Santos made an offer of 17 million reais ($8 million), which was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok