Flamengo approach Milan for Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Three Flamengo directors met AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani to discuss a potential deal for Brazil striker Robinho.
The Brazilian club`s intention is to pay 38 million reais ($18.5 million) for the 28-year-old, in instalments, and give him a monthly salary of one million reais ($485,000), reports Xinhua.
Galliani arrived in Rio de Janeiro Monday to spend the Christmas holiday. It is thought he will use his time to negotiate Pato`s deal to Corinthians as well.
Besides Flamengo, Santos have also expressed an interest in signing the attacker.
Robinho has already had two spells at the Sao Paulo club and it is believed Santos is his preferred destination.
His wife and children still live in the area, and personal reasons are behind his desire to quit Milan as soon as possible.
Santos made an offer of 17 million reais ($8 million), which was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why