Flamengo denies Kaka interest
Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo`s executive director Paulo Pelaipe has rejected reports the club is pursuing unsettled Real Madrid midfielder Kaka.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year has struggled for first-team football at the Santiago Bernabeu and is reportedly seeking a move during the European summer transfer window in a bid to revive his stalled career.
But Pelaipe said Kaka`s annual salary of 10 million euros had priced the club out of the race for the 31-year-old.
"This is our style. A responsible style. A club as large as Flamengo cannot say its doors are closed. We are open to new faces," Pelaipe said Friday.
"But Flamengo has a transfer policy that is grounded. We are trying to recover financially and we assume that we cannot meet his expenses."
Kaka has also been linked with a return to Italy`s AC Milan, Turkey`s Galatasaray and US Major League outfit New York Red Bulls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city