Flamengo denies Kaka interest
Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo`s executive director Paulo Pelaipe has rejected reports the club is pursuing unsettled Real Madrid midfielder Kaka.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year has struggled for first-team football at the Santiago Bernabeu and is reportedly seeking a move during the European summer transfer window in a bid to revive his stalled career.
But Pelaipe said Kaka`s annual salary of 10 million euros had priced the club out of the race for the 31-year-old.
"This is our style. A responsible style. A club as large as Flamengo cannot say its doors are closed. We are open to new faces," Pelaipe said Friday.
"But Flamengo has a transfer policy that is grounded. We are trying to recover financially and we assume that we cannot meet his expenses."
Kaka has also been linked with a return to Italy`s AC Milan, Turkey`s Galatasaray and US Major League outfit New York Red Bulls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees