Flamengo denies talks with Sporting Lisbon`s Elias
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian giants Flamengo have denied they are in talks with Elias to sign the on-loan midfielder to a permanent deal.
Elias has sought permission from world football`s governing body FIFA to rescind his contract with Sporting Lisbon, alleging the Portuguese outfit has failed to meet its salary commitments.
In a statement released Tuesday, Flamengo`s vice president Wallim Vasconcellos said the club was waiting for a resolution between Elias and Sporting.
"Let it be clear that at this time there are no negotiations with the player or his representatives," Vasconcellos said.
He added Flamengo would write to Sporting to clarify its position.
Elias has an eight million-euro buyout clause but the fee would be waived if FIFA deems Sporting to have breached its contractual agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP