Flamengo denies talks with Sporting Lisbon`s Elias
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian giants Flamengo have denied they are in talks with Elias to sign the on-loan midfielder to a permanent deal.
Elias has sought permission from world football`s governing body FIFA to rescind his contract with Sporting Lisbon, alleging the Portuguese outfit has failed to meet its salary commitments.
In a statement released Tuesday, Flamengo`s vice president Wallim Vasconcellos said the club was waiting for a resolution between Elias and Sporting.
"Let it be clear that at this time there are no negotiations with the player or his representatives," Vasconcellos said.
He added Flamengo would write to Sporting to clarify its position.
Elias has an eight million-euro buyout clause but the fee would be waived if FIFA deems Sporting to have breached its contractual agreement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred