Flamengo players in tears after exit from Copa Libertadores: Ronaldinho
Rio de Janeiro: Former Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho said that Flamengo`s players were in tears following their elimination from the Copa Libertadores.
Despite winning their final group match against Argentina`s Lanus 3-0 last Thursday, the Rio de Janeiro club missed qualification to the knockout phase when Emelec scored an injury-time winner against Olimpia of Paraguay Monday.
"In the dressing room everybody was crying, nobody could believe it," Ronaldinho was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"It was very tough to accept. We have to learn from that disappointment and make sure that in the future we don`t go through the same pain again," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire