Flamengo players in tears after exit from Copa Libertadores: Ronaldinho
Rio de Janeiro: Former Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho said that Flamengo`s players were in tears following their elimination from the Copa Libertadores.
Despite winning their final group match against Argentina`s Lanus 3-0 last Thursday, the Rio de Janeiro club missed qualification to the knockout phase when Emelec scored an injury-time winner against Olimpia of Paraguay Monday.
"In the dressing room everybody was crying, nobody could believe it," Ronaldinho was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"It was very tough to accept. We have to learn from that disappointment and make sure that in the future we don`t go through the same pain again," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued