Flamengo threatens to sue Palmeiras
Rio de Janeiro : Flamengo has threatened to sue Palmeiras for $160 million if Ronaldinho signs with the rival Brazilian club.
Flamengo officials claimed Friday they had evidence Palmeiras negotiated with the former Barcelona and AC Milan star before he sought a court injunction to end his contract with the Rio club.
Flamengo president Patricia Amorim wrote to Palmeiras accusing the club of inducing the termination of Ronaldinho`s contract, considered a serious offence by Brazil`s football confederation, reports said.
Palmeiras, managed by Brazil`s 2002 World Cup-winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, angrily rejected the accusations.
"I vehemently refute this type of accusation because Palmeiras never negotiates with a player contracted to another club," Palmeiras` legal spokesman Piraci Oliveira said.
Ronaldinho, a two-time FIFA world player of the year, is suing Flamengo for $20 million for unpaid salaries and delayed payments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say