Flexibility key to Rooney and Van Persie partnership: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed the flexibility of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie, with the pair having shared 12 goals already this season.
The duo scored 57 goals last term and Sir Alex feels that playing them together will not diminish their production in front of goal as they are able to rotate between creator and finisher throughout a game.
Although Rooney has often dropped into midfield during recent games, the Scot has publicly stated that goal difference will not be problem this season, revealing the secret to the duo’s success.
"There`s flexibility there and the right type of movement,” he told reporters.
“They also both have the courage to play in these positions. Robin`s not far away in that respect.
"They`re both mobile players and good footballers with a great desire to play and win. I don`t think you saw the best of them as a partnership against Arsenal."
Van Persie himself also noted after the victory over Arsenal that although both players play the same position, their understanding suits both players and therefore it works for the team as a unit.
"You have two positions, the nine and the 10, and we are both nine and a half," he told Sky Sports.
"We are just helping each other out. We both play behind and a bit higher up. It seems to be working well and I am very happy with Wayne - hopefully we can keep it going."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1