Football: Eto`o leads Inter win over Palermo
Rome: Samuel Eto`o scored twice and five-time defending champion Inter Milan rallied to beat Palermo 2-1 and return to the top of the Serie A table.
Slovenia midfielder Josip Ilicic had put Palermo in front after 28 minutes in the Sicilian capital before Eto`o struck back in the 62nd and 70th yesterday.
With seven points, Inter shares the Italian league lead with newly promoted Cesena, which beat Lecce 1-0 despite having to play with 10 men due to a referee`s error.
Juventus won its first match in impressive form, beating last-place Udinese 4-0 with goals from Leonardo Bonucci, Fabio Quagliarella, Claudio Marchisio and Vincenzo Iaquinta.
Meanwhile, AS Roma remained winless after allowing two late scores from Marco Di Vaio in a 2-2 draw with Bologna.
Also, Chievo Verona`s perfect start was snapped with a 1-0 loss to Brescia, with Alessandro Diamanti - who played for West Ham in the English Premier League last season – scoring from a free kick in the 30th.
Luca Toni converted a penalty for his first goal since joining Genoa but Cristian Zaccardo scored a second-half equalizer for a 1-1 draw at Parma.
In the new lunchtime fixture, Bari and Cagliari drew 0-0.
On Saturday, Filippo Inzaghi scored the equalizer as AC Milan drew 1-1 with Catania and Lazio beat Fiorentina 2-1.
Sampdoria was playing Napoli later in the final match of the weekend.
In Palermo, Ilicic converted a rebound to give the hosts the lead after Inter`s Dejan Stankovic smashed a long shot off the crossbar.
Palermo had a chance to double its lead in the 50th but Julio Cesar saved an effort from Ilicic`s fellow Slovenian Armin Bacinovic.
Inter`s struggling striker Diego Milito missed a great opportunity in the 59th and then Eto`o equalized three minutes later, dribbling by a defender and slotting in an angled shot.
In an action-filled match, Palermo`s Argentine forward Javier Pastore slipped behind Inter`s defense in the 66th but couldn`t find the target and Eto`o then scored again after trading passes with Stankovic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened