Forlan double sends Internacional into final
Porto Alegre: Uruguay striker Diego Forlan struck twice as Internacional progressed to the final of Brazil`s Piratina Cup with a 2-0 victory over Esportivo.
The 33-year-old netted either side of half-time at the Centenario Stadium Sunday to take his 2013 tally to six goals from six games for the Porto Alegre club.
Internacional will now meet Sao Luiz, who defeated Caxias 2-1 Saturday, in next Sunday`s final.
"We are working well together as a team and I was lucky to score two goals but we have to keep things in perspective," Forlan said after the match.
"It is a good feeling to reach the final. Now we have to focus because we have a difficult game ahead of us. We have a whole week to prepare."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok