Forlan double sends Internacional into final
Porto Alegre: Uruguay striker Diego Forlan struck twice as Internacional progressed to the final of Brazil`s Piratina Cup with a 2-0 victory over Esportivo.
The 33-year-old netted either side of half-time at the Centenario Stadium Sunday to take his 2013 tally to six goals from six games for the Porto Alegre club.
Internacional will now meet Sao Luiz, who defeated Caxias 2-1 Saturday, in next Sunday`s final.
"We are working well together as a team and I was lucky to score two goals but we have to keep things in perspective," Forlan said after the match.
"It is a good feeling to reach the final. Now we have to focus because we have a difficult game ahead of us. We have a whole week to prepare."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened