Forlan double sends Internacional into final
Porto Alegre: Uruguay striker Diego Forlan struck twice as Internacional progressed to the final of Brazil`s Piratina Cup with a 2-0 victory over Esportivo.
The 33-year-old netted either side of half-time at the Centenario Stadium Sunday to take his 2013 tally to six goals from six games for the Porto Alegre club.
Internacional will now meet Sao Luiz, who defeated Caxias 2-1 Saturday, in next Sunday`s final.
"We are working well together as a team and I was lucky to score two goals but we have to keep things in perspective," Forlan said after the match.
"It is a good feeling to reach the final. Now we have to focus because we have a difficult game ahead of us. We have a whole week to prepare."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news