Forlan hits out at former club Inter Milan
Rio de Janeiro: Uruguay international striker Diego Forlan has lambasted former club Inter Milan, claiming he was made to feel like an outcast by the Italian Serie A outfit.
The 33-year-old, who joined Inter from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2011, managed just two goals from 18 matches in a forgettable season at the San Siro.
He said his requests to say goodbye to the club were ignored after signing with Brazil`s Internacional in last July.
"I knew I was leaving Inter. I wanted to say goodbye to my teammates but people wouldn`t take my calls," Forlan told Four Four Two.
"I tried to reach [team manager] Ivan Cordoba, but a club official told me that tomorrow was a difficult day for me to go in and say goodbye. The message was clear. I wasn`t welcome anymore."
After a slow start with current club Internacional, Forlan has rediscovered his best form in 2013 with 10 goals from 11 matches.
"Football is still my life," he said. "And I can look back at a sport which has good to me, playing alongside (Luis) Suarez, (Sergio) Aguero, (Ruud) Van Nistelrooy, (Juan Roman) Riquelme and Leandro Damiao under coaches like (Sir Alex) Ferguson and (Manuel) Pellegrini," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note