Forlan rules out move to Argentina`s Independiente
Rio de Janeiro: Star Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan has ruled out a possible return to Argentina`s Independiente at the end of the year.
Forlan reaffirmed his commitment to Brazil`s Internacional, where he is contracted until 2014, after Independiente coach America Gallego reportedly included the 33-year-old on his transfer wish-list, reports Xinhua.
"I would love to go back to Independiente one day because the club is close to my heart but right now I don`t see that happening," Forlan told Argentine daily Ole Sunday.
"I have more than two years left on my contract and I intend to honour that agreement."
Forlan has scored five goals in 14 appearances for Internacional since his July move from Italian Serie A outfit Inter Milan.
He began his professional career at Independiente, scoring 37 goals in 80 matches before being signed by Manchester United in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family