Forlan rules out move to Argentina`s Independiente
Rio de Janeiro: Star Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan has ruled out a possible return to Argentina`s Independiente at the end of the year.
Forlan reaffirmed his commitment to Brazil`s Internacional, where he is contracted until 2014, after Independiente coach America Gallego reportedly included the 33-year-old on his transfer wish-list, reports Xinhua.
"I would love to go back to Independiente one day because the club is close to my heart but right now I don`t see that happening," Forlan told Argentine daily Ole Sunday.
"I have more than two years left on my contract and I intend to honour that agreement."
Forlan has scored five goals in 14 appearances for Internacional since his July move from Italian Serie A outfit Inter Milan.
He began his professional career at Independiente, scoring 37 goals in 80 matches before being signed by Manchester United in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'