Forlan rules out move to Argentina`s Independiente
Rio de Janeiro: Star Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan has ruled out a possible return to Argentina`s Independiente at the end of the year.
Forlan reaffirmed his commitment to Brazil`s Internacional, where he is contracted until 2014, after Independiente coach America Gallego reportedly included the 33-year-old on his transfer wish-list, reports Xinhua.
"I would love to go back to Independiente one day because the club is close to my heart but right now I don`t see that happening," Forlan told Argentine daily Ole Sunday.
"I have more than two years left on my contract and I intend to honour that agreement."
Forlan has scored five goals in 14 appearances for Internacional since his July move from Italian Serie A outfit Inter Milan.
He began his professional career at Independiente, scoring 37 goals in 80 matches before being signed by Manchester United in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks