Forlan rules out move to Argentina`s Independiente
Rio de Janeiro: Star Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan has ruled out a possible return to Argentina`s Independiente at the end of the year.
Forlan reaffirmed his commitment to Brazil`s Internacional, where he is contracted until 2014, after Independiente coach America Gallego reportedly included the 33-year-old on his transfer wish-list, reports Xinhua.
"I would love to go back to Independiente one day because the club is close to my heart but right now I don`t see that happening," Forlan told Argentine daily Ole Sunday.
"I have more than two years left on my contract and I intend to honour that agreement."
Forlan has scored five goals in 14 appearances for Internacional since his July move from Italian Serie A outfit Inter Milan.
He began his professional career at Independiente, scoring 37 goals in 80 matches before being signed by Manchester United in 2001.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'