Former Arsenal midfielder Denilson rejoins Sao Paulo
Brazil: The Brazilian giants claim the 25-year-old turned down offers from Santos, Gremio and Cruzeiro to return to Morumbi on a free transfer.
Former Arsenal midfielder Denilson has rejoined Sao Paulo on a permanent deal after being released by the Gunners.
The 25-year-old arrived at the Emirates Stadium as a teenager in 2006 and made 108 appearances in all competitions, but never managed to hold down a regular first-team place.
A lack of action saw Denilson shipped out to Sao Paulo on loan in each of the last two seasons, and earlier this month he was released, along with Andrey Arshavin and Sebastien Squillaci, following the expiration of his contract with the north London side.
On their official website, the Brazilian giants claimed the midfielder had turned down offers from rivals Santos, Cruzeiro and Gremio to rejoin the club on a permanent basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter