Former Barca boss Vilanova has emergency surgery: Media
Barcelona: Former Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova, who is battling throat cancer, has undergone emergency surgery, Spanish media reported on Thursday.
Vilanova has been battling cancer for over two years and was forced to step down as Barca boss last July.
Spanish National Radio reported that Vilanova was admitted to hospital last Friday and is in serious condition following the surgery to alleviate gastric problems.
Vilanova was Pep Guardiola`s assistant during a glorious four-year spell for Barcelona between 2008 and 2012 during which the club won 14 trophies.
The 45-year-old replaced Guardiola at the start of the 2012/13 season, but was forced to take four months away from the job between December 2012 and April 2013 to undergo treatment in the United States after suffering a recurrence of the throat cancer which had been first diagnosed in November 2011.
Barca went onto win the Spanish La Liga title, equalling the record points tally, in his only season in charge before he resigned due to his ongoing health problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Kejriwal bullying people, misusing Delhi funds in Punjab: Akali Dal
- Arshad Warsi, Boman Irani impress with brand new poster of 'The Legend of Michael Mishra'
- Reliance Jio's 4G rollout in next three months: CLSA
- Britain's May heads to France for Brexit talks
- Youngsters don't consider sex as taboo topic: Ranveer Singh