Former Barcelona star Deco fails doping test
Lisbon: Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco has failed a doping test, it emerged on Tuesday.
The Portuguese midfielder, who plays for Brazilian champions Fluminense, tested positive for banned substance Furosemide following his side`s clash with Boavista on March 30.
The 35-year-old has not travelled with the squad for their Copa Libertadores clash with Emelec in Ecuador this Thursday.
Deco is believed to have ingested the substance through some vitamin supplements, which he purchased at a pharmacy. Reports in Brazil claim he has appointed solicitors to take action against the company that produce the product he bought.
The news comes just two weeks after another doping case hit Brazilian football, when Vasco da Gama midfielder Carlos Alberto tested positive for two banned substances following a 3-2 win over Deco`s Fluminense side in early March.
Earlier on Tuesday, Eufemiano Fuentes was found guilty of endangering public health by a court in Spain after a lengthy investigation into suspected doping offences in both cycling and European football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured