Former Barcelona star Deco fails doping test
Lisbon: Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco has failed a doping test, it emerged on Tuesday.
The Portuguese midfielder, who plays for Brazilian champions Fluminense, tested positive for banned substance Furosemide following his side`s clash with Boavista on March 30.
The 35-year-old has not travelled with the squad for their Copa Libertadores clash with Emelec in Ecuador this Thursday.
Deco is believed to have ingested the substance through some vitamin supplements, which he purchased at a pharmacy. Reports in Brazil claim he has appointed solicitors to take action against the company that produce the product he bought.
The news comes just two weeks after another doping case hit Brazilian football, when Vasco da Gama midfielder Carlos Alberto tested positive for two banned substances following a 3-2 win over Deco`s Fluminense side in early March.
Earlier on Tuesday, Eufemiano Fuentes was found guilty of endangering public health by a court in Spain after a lengthy investigation into suspected doping offences in both cycling and European football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back