Former Barcelona star Deco fails doping test
Lisbon: Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco has failed a doping test, it emerged on Tuesday.
The Portuguese midfielder, who plays for Brazilian champions Fluminense, tested positive for banned substance Furosemide following his side`s clash with Boavista on March 30.
The 35-year-old has not travelled with the squad for their Copa Libertadores clash with Emelec in Ecuador this Thursday.
Deco is believed to have ingested the substance through some vitamin supplements, which he purchased at a pharmacy. Reports in Brazil claim he has appointed solicitors to take action against the company that produce the product he bought.
The news comes just two weeks after another doping case hit Brazilian football, when Vasco da Gama midfielder Carlos Alberto tested positive for two banned substances following a 3-2 win over Deco`s Fluminense side in early March.
Earlier on Tuesday, Eufemiano Fuentes was found guilty of endangering public health by a court in Spain after a lengthy investigation into suspected doping offences in both cycling and European football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site