Former Barcelona star Deco fails doping test
Lisbon: Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco has failed a doping test, it emerged on Tuesday.
The Portuguese midfielder, who plays for Brazilian champions Fluminense, tested positive for banned substance Furosemide following his side`s clash with Boavista on March 30.
The 35-year-old has not travelled with the squad for their Copa Libertadores clash with Emelec in Ecuador this Thursday.
Deco is believed to have ingested the substance through some vitamin supplements, which he purchased at a pharmacy. Reports in Brazil claim he has appointed solicitors to take action against the company that produce the product he bought.
The news comes just two weeks after another doping case hit Brazilian football, when Vasco da Gama midfielder Carlos Alberto tested positive for two banned substances following a 3-2 win over Deco`s Fluminense side in early March.
Earlier on Tuesday, Eufemiano Fuentes was found guilty of endangering public health by a court in Spain after a lengthy investigation into suspected doping offences in both cycling and European football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand