Former Brazil coach Menezes confirmed as Flamengo boss
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has been confirmed as Flamengo`s new manager, the Rio de Janeiro club announced.
The 51-year-old ended days of speculation Thursday by agreeing to an 18-month deal with the club for an undisclosed salary.
Menzes replaces 1994 World Cup winner Jorginho, who was dismissed last week following the team`s poor start to the Brazilian Serie A season.
"To be the manager of Flamengo is my new great challenge. It`s an honor," Menezes wrote on Twitter.
It is Menezes` first managerial job since being sacked as Brazil coach in November last year.
Flamengo are currently 14th in the Brasileirao standings with five points from as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note