Former Brazil coach Menezes confirmed as Flamengo boss
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has been confirmed as Flamengo`s new manager, the Rio de Janeiro club announced.
The 51-year-old ended days of speculation Thursday by agreeing to an 18-month deal with the club for an undisclosed salary.
Menzes replaces 1994 World Cup winner Jorginho, who was dismissed last week following the team`s poor start to the Brazilian Serie A season.
"To be the manager of Flamengo is my new great challenge. It`s an honor," Menezes wrote on Twitter.
It is Menezes` first managerial job since being sacked as Brazil coach in November last year.
Flamengo are currently 14th in the Brasileirao standings with five points from as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed