Former Brazil defender attacked by fan
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil defender Andre Santos was assaulted by a fan after his team Flamengo lost 4-0 to Internacional.
The 31-year-old left-back was attacked Sunday as he left the Beira-Rio stadium in the southern city of Porto Alegre.
No further details were given and it is not known if Santos was hurt.
"This citizen has to be arrested," Flamengo coach Ney Franco said. "I hope that the police at the stadium are taking the appropriate measures."
The loss left Flamengo last in Brazil`s Serie A standings with seven points from 11 matches.
Santos joined the Rio de Janeiro club from Arsenal last year after a brief loan spell at Gremio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption