Former Brazil defender attacked by fan
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil defender Andre Santos was assaulted by a fan after his team Flamengo lost 4-0 to Internacional.
The 31-year-old left-back was attacked Sunday as he left the Beira-Rio stadium in the southern city of Porto Alegre.
No further details were given and it is not known if Santos was hurt.
"This citizen has to be arrested," Flamengo coach Ney Franco said. "I hope that the police at the stadium are taking the appropriate measures."
The loss left Flamengo last in Brazil`s Serie A standings with seven points from 11 matches.
Santos joined the Rio de Janeiro club from Arsenal last year after a brief loan spell at Gremio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death