Former Brazil defender attacked by fan
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil defender Andre Santos was assaulted by a fan after his team Flamengo lost 4-0 to Internacional.
The 31-year-old left-back was attacked Sunday as he left the Beira-Rio stadium in the southern city of Porto Alegre.
No further details were given and it is not known if Santos was hurt.
"This citizen has to be arrested," Flamengo coach Ney Franco said. "I hope that the police at the stadium are taking the appropriate measures."
The loss left Flamengo last in Brazil`s Serie A standings with seven points from 11 matches.
Santos joined the Rio de Janeiro club from Arsenal last year after a brief loan spell at Gremio.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know