Former Brazil defender attacked by fan
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil defender Andre Santos was assaulted by a fan after his team Flamengo lost 4-0 to Internacional.
The 31-year-old left-back was attacked Sunday as he left the Beira-Rio stadium in the southern city of Porto Alegre.
No further details were given and it is not known if Santos was hurt.
"This citizen has to be arrested," Flamengo coach Ney Franco said. "I hope that the police at the stadium are taking the appropriate measures."
The loss left Flamengo last in Brazil`s Serie A standings with seven points from 11 matches.
Santos joined the Rio de Janeiro club from Arsenal last year after a brief loan spell at Gremio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre