Former Brazil keeper Dida joins Internacional
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil and AC Milan goalkeeper Dida has signed a two-year contract with Brazilian top-flight club Internacional.
The Porto Alegre outfit confirmed on its official website Friday that the 40-year-old had joined from city rivals Gremio for an undisclosed fee, reported Xinhua.
"The two-year contract gives me confidence because it shows that the club believes in me," Dida said.
"It`s going to be a great challenge but I believe in my ability to do well. I will work as hard as I can to get the best out of myself."
Dida played 91 games for Brazil between 1995 and 2006. His 206-game career with AC Milan included Champions League triumphs in 2003 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations