Former Brazil keeper Dida joins Internacional
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil and AC Milan goalkeeper Dida has signed a two-year contract with Brazilian top-flight club Internacional.
The Porto Alegre outfit confirmed on its official website Friday that the 40-year-old had joined from city rivals Gremio for an undisclosed fee, reported Xinhua.
"The two-year contract gives me confidence because it shows that the club believes in me," Dida said.
"It`s going to be a great challenge but I believe in my ability to do well. I will work as hard as I can to get the best out of myself."
Dida played 91 games for Brazil between 1995 and 2006. His 206-game career with AC Milan included Champions League triumphs in 2003 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad