Former Brazil keeper Dida signs with Portuguesa
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian first division club Portuguesa have confirmed the signing of former Brazil international goalkeeper Dida on a one-year contract.
The 38-year-old has not played since finishing his career with AC Milan in Italy`s Serie A in 2010.
"He still hasn`t done any medical exams, but he will be officially presented to the club Friday," a club official said Thursday.
Dida reportedly asked for a USD 50,000 monthly salary before settling for USD 35,000. It is understood the bulk of his pay-cheque will come from marketing deals, reported Xinhua.
The signing ends Portuguesa`s search to replace former goalkeeper Weverton, who left the club last week to sign with first division rivals Atletico-PR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress