Former Brazil keeper Dida signs with Portuguesa
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian first division club Portuguesa have confirmed the signing of former Brazil international goalkeeper Dida on a one-year contract.
The 38-year-old has not played since finishing his career with AC Milan in Italy`s Serie A in 2010.
"He still hasn`t done any medical exams, but he will be officially presented to the club Friday," a club official said Thursday.
Dida reportedly asked for a USD 50,000 monthly salary before settling for USD 35,000. It is understood the bulk of his pay-cheque will come from marketing deals, reported Xinhua.
The signing ends Portuguesa`s search to replace former goalkeeper Weverton, who left the club last week to sign with first division rivals Atletico-PR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi