Former Brazil keeper Dida signs with Portuguesa
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian first division club Portuguesa have confirmed the signing of former Brazil international goalkeeper Dida on a one-year contract.
The 38-year-old has not played since finishing his career with AC Milan in Italy`s Serie A in 2010.
"He still hasn`t done any medical exams, but he will be officially presented to the club Friday," a club official said Thursday.
Dida reportedly asked for a USD 50,000 monthly salary before settling for USD 35,000. It is understood the bulk of his pay-cheque will come from marketing deals, reported Xinhua.
The signing ends Portuguesa`s search to replace former goalkeeper Weverton, who left the club last week to sign with first division rivals Atletico-PR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!