Former Brazil midfielder Josue joins Atletico Mineiro
Rio de Janeiro: German first division club Wolfsburg has confirmed the departure of midfielder Josue to Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro on a free transfer.
The 33-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Belo Horizonte outfit, Wolfsburg said in a statement on its official website Wednesday night.
"I`m obviously very sad to be leaving but it`s going to be a great challenge for me," said Josue, who played 28 internationals for Brazil between 2007 and 2010.
"I had a great time at the club with highs and lows. Wolfsburg will always be in my heart," he said.
Josue will help reinforce an Atletico midfield that also includes two-time FIFA world player of the year Ronaldinho and reported Chelsea target Bernard.
He joined Wolfsburg in 2007 from Goias and helped the club to the Bundesliga title in 2008-09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court