Former Brazil midfielder Josue joins Atletico Mineiro
Rio de Janeiro: German first division club Wolfsburg has confirmed the departure of midfielder Josue to Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro on a free transfer.
The 33-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Belo Horizonte outfit, Wolfsburg said in a statement on its official website Wednesday night.
"I`m obviously very sad to be leaving but it`s going to be a great challenge for me," said Josue, who played 28 internationals for Brazil between 2007 and 2010.
"I had a great time at the club with highs and lows. Wolfsburg will always be in my heart," he said.
Josue will help reinforce an Atletico midfield that also includes two-time FIFA world player of the year Ronaldinho and reported Chelsea target Bernard.
He joined Wolfsburg in 2007 from Goias and helped the club to the Bundesliga title in 2008-09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’