Former manager believes Abramovich ‘secretly’ hoping Chelsea loses CL final
London: Chelsea’s first ever foreign manager Ruud Gullit has claimed owner Roman Abramovich might be hoping secretly that his side loses the Champions League final against Bayern Munich on May 19.
Gullit, who signed Roberto Di Matteo as a Chelsea player, believes Abramovich has already signed a new manager for the club irrespective of the result in the final.
“I think there is somebody already in line. But will he still want the job if Chelsea win the Champions League?” The Sun quoted Gullit, as saying.
“Would even Jose Mourinho want to come in and replace Robbie, knowing he could not top what his predecessor had achieved?” he added.
“If Robbie wins the Champions League, it would suddenly put a lot of pressure on the next guy. So maybe the owner doesn’t even want to win the final,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender