Former manager believes Abramovich ‘secretly’ hoping Chelsea loses CL final
London: Chelsea’s first ever foreign manager Ruud Gullit has claimed owner Roman Abramovich might be hoping secretly that his side loses the Champions League final against Bayern Munich on May 19.
Gullit, who signed Roberto Di Matteo as a Chelsea player, believes Abramovich has already signed a new manager for the club irrespective of the result in the final.
“I think there is somebody already in line. But will he still want the job if Chelsea win the Champions League?” The Sun quoted Gullit, as saying.
“Would even Jose Mourinho want to come in and replace Robbie, knowing he could not top what his predecessor had achieved?” he added.
“If Robbie wins the Champions League, it would suddenly put a lot of pressure on the next guy. So maybe the owner doesn’t even want to win the final,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London
- Nirbhaya rapist has links with jihadists; UP police advised to keep close watch
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?