Four picked for dope tests during I-League encounter
Panaji: The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) conducted random dope tests on four footballers after Dempo Sports Club`s 11th round I-League encounter against Sporting Clube de Goa.
Sameer Naik, Clifton Gonsalves (both Dempo), Keita Boubacar and Rowan Pereira (both Sporting) were all asked to submit their urine samples immediately after the match at the Nehru stadium in Fatorda yesterday, according to Sporting Clube de Goa manager Angelo Albuquerque.
The tests are being conducted across the country as per the guidelines of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and a player could face a ban of two years if he fails the dope test for the first time.
This is the first time the footballers have been tested in this edition of the league.
Earlier, Mumbai FC footballer Nishant Mehra was banned for two years by the AIFF after both his samples tested positive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?