Four picked for dope tests during I-League encounter
Panaji: The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) conducted random dope tests on four footballers after Dempo Sports Club`s 11th round I-League encounter against Sporting Clube de Goa.
Sameer Naik, Clifton Gonsalves (both Dempo), Keita Boubacar and Rowan Pereira (both Sporting) were all asked to submit their urine samples immediately after the match at the Nehru stadium in Fatorda yesterday, according to Sporting Clube de Goa manager Angelo Albuquerque.
The tests are being conducted across the country as per the guidelines of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and a player could face a ban of two years if he fails the dope test for the first time.
This is the first time the footballers have been tested in this edition of the league.
Earlier, Mumbai FC footballer Nishant Mehra was banned for two years by the AIFF after both his samples tested positive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi