France clashes will decide our fate: Del Bosque
Madrid: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque believes Tuesday`s clash with Francewill be vital in deciding who progresses from Group I.
The pair are joint leaders of the group after taking six points from their opening two matches of World Cup 2014 qualification, with La Roja beating Belarus 4-0 last Friday and Les Bleus falling to a 1-0 friendly defeat to Japan.
But the former Real Madrid coach is not reading too much into the latter of those two results and pointed out France`s evolution on the back of Euro 2012.
"They`ve made some substantial changes, particularly to the backbone," he told reporters at a press conference.
"The flanks and people up front are the same, but the strong men in central defence and midfield have changed.
"There will be 15 points left to play for after the match, but the two games against France may be vital. It looks like one of us will qualify outright and that makes the game a cup knockout which needs to be settled."
Del Bosque also revealed that defender Sergio Ramos was not certain to be available for the encounter after picking up a knock, but stressed that "he would play if he`s fit".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers