Franck Ribery lifts Bundesliga Player of the Year award
Berlin: Bayern`s midfielder Franck Ribery has been voted the Player of the Year by his Bundesliga colleagues.
In all 29 percent of the 228 Bundesliga players voted in favor of the Frenchman, who snatched the award ahead of Borussia Dortmund`s striker Robert Lewandowski with 17.3 percent, a poll by the German sports magazine Kicker showed Monday.
German international Bastian Schweinsteiger finished third with 12.4 percent of the votes.
Bayern keeper and German international Manuel Neuer secured 23.2 percent of the votes to claim the title as the Goalkeeper of the Year, followed by Dortmund goalie Roman Weidenfeller with 20.6 percent and Hamburg`s keeper Rene Adler with 19.7 percent.
The Bundesliga professionals elected Freiburg`s head coach Christian Streich with 48.7 percent as the Coach of the Year. Bayern`s outgoing coach Jupp Heynckes followed Streich with 23.7 percent while Frankfurts coach Armin Veh finished third with 16.1 percent.
After the historic and record breaking season by the treble winner Bayern Munich 80.9 percent of the professionals view the German Bundesliga as the greatest league in Europe followed by the Premier League with 14.3 percent and the Primera Liga (Spanish) with 4.8 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match